54th Academy of Country Music Awards Flyaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY IN THE FORTY-EIGHT (48) CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES (“U.S.”) AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THOSE AREAS ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND A PERMANENT LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE (1) OF THE FORTY-EIGHT (48) CONTIGUOUS STATES OF THE U.S. OR D.C. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND GOVERNED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE U.S.
- Eligibility: The 54th Academy of Country Music Awards Flyaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States, or D.C. (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions), who are currently physically located and residing therein, and who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of February 18, 2019. Entrants must have either a valid Social Security number and/or a valid U.S. Individual Tax Identification Number. Employees of Sony Music Entertainment (“Sponsor”), Quadra Productions, Inc., Sony Pictures Television Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Corporation of America, CBS Television Distribution, the show Wheel of Fortune (sometimes referred to as “Show”), The Visionaire Group, Inc., Aimia Proprietary Loyalty U.S. Inc., Metal Toad, Salesforce.com, Inc., Promotional Consideration Inc., Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), their advertising, promotion, and web design agencies, marketing and/or loyalty analytics companies, those involved in the production, development, creation, administration, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, participating stations, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent, subsidiary, and related companies, officers, directors, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize providers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), members of their immediate families (i.e. a spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, parent, grandparents, the “steps” of each), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Description: This Sweepstakes begins at 3:00:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on February 18, 2019 and ends at 2:59:59 p.m. PT on February 23, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). As part of the entry process for this Sweepstakes, prospective Sweepstakes entrants are asked to go to the Show website located at www.wheeloffortune.com (the “Website”) in order to be entered into the Sweepstakes. Additionally, prospective Sweepstakes entrants will be able to earn one (1) bonus entry if they are members of the Wheel Watchers Club (see below for details).
- How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, access the Website during the Sweepstakes Period and click on the Sweepstakes icon or text link to access the Sweepstakes entry page. Then, complete and thereafter submit your Email Address, Date of Birth, First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number (including area code), and Gender (collectively “Online Entry”). Online Entries must be received by 2:59:59 on February 23, 2019. The Website host’s computer is the official clock for determining the official Sweepstakes Period. All Online Entry information must be completed in full, must be accurate and must be valid. The Online Entry information must match the information of the entrant that completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes. In order to receive an additional entry, an entrant must be a member of the Wheel Watchers Club. If you are already a registered Wheel Watchers Club member, you will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes by logging into the Website using your Wheel Watchers Club email address and password. If you are not a registered Wheel Watchers Club member, you can register for free, by accessing www.wheeloffortune.com and following the online instructions to join the Wheel Watchers Club by providing the following required information on the registration form: First Name; Last Name; Address; City; State; Zip Code; Gender; Phone Number; Email Address; Date of Birth; your choice of Password; and security question and answer (collectively “Wheel Watchers Club Registration Information”). All required Wheel Watchers Club Registration Information must be completed in full, must be accurate and must be valid. The Wheel Watchers Club Registration Information must match the information of the person that completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes. You can only register as a Wheel Watchers Club member under one (1) email address. Individuals who have or attempt to have more than one (1) Wheel Watchers Club membership will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Once you have logged into your existing Wheel Watchers Club account OR once you have submitted your Wheel Watchers Club Registration Information, you will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes (“Bonus Entry”). There is no fee to register for the Wheel Watchers Club. If an entrant’s contact information changes after he/she submitted his/her Online Entry, it his/her responsibility to contact the Sponsor (by U.S. mail at the address stated in Section 9 below) and provide his/her new Entry information (to be received by February 27, 2019). If an entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information. Limit one (1) Online Entry and one (1) Bonus Entry per person/email address. Online Entries or Bonus Entries submitted from the same person in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Proof of delivery or receipt of an Online Entry or Bonus Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Final eligibility for the award of the prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. The Website may not be accessible from all mobile phones, handheld devices and/or tablets. If a participant experiences any issues entering, he/she should access the Website from a desktop or laptop computer. Please use care and do not drive or operate machinery while entering the Sweepstakes.
- Drawing and Notification of Potential Winners: For the Sweepstakes, one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in a drawing. The drawing will be conducted by the Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent judging organization, at its offices in Burbank, California. The drawing will be held on or about March 8, 2019. The potential winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) will be notified by phone within two (2) weeks of being selected in the drawing. If the potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Prizes/Odds of Winning: One (1) Prize. The prize is a trip for the prize winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) to Las Vegas, NV to attend the 54th Academy of Country Music Awards (the “Event”). The prize components consist of: round-trip coach-class air transportation from a major gateway airport near prize winner’s residence in the forty-eight (48) contiguous states of the U.S. or D.C. to Las Vegas, NV (winner is responsible for transportation to/from the major gateway airport and air transportation may include one (1) or more stops); one (1) standard room (with a maximum of two (2) persons per room) for the prize winner and his/her Guest for two (2) nights; ground transportation to/from the airport/hotel/Event; two (2) tickets for the winner and Guest to the Event; two (2) tickets for the prize winner and Guest to the official ACM Awards After Party; and two (2) Sony Music Nashville Whiskey Jam passes. Travel (departure and return) must be completed between April 6, 2019 and April 8, 2019 or the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected (at Sponsor’s sole discretion). The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $4,200.00. Odds of winning the prize depend upon the total number of eligible Online and Bonus Entries received for the entire Sweepstakes Period. The ARV for the trip may vary depending upon the point of departure, destination, fare fluctuation and if the prize winner takes the allotted Guest. Additional compensation will not be provided if actual value of the prize is less than stated ARV. If the prize winner elects to travel without a Guest, no substitute compensation will be awarded to the prize winner and trip components will be awarded in amounts appropriate to the number of travelers. Sponsor reserves the right to structure prize travel route (including, but not limited to, airports used) in its sole discretion. Trip is subject to air travel and hotel availability, holiday and blackout dates, and all other prize and travel restrictions and/or specific terms and conditions as set forth by prize provider and/or Sponsor. Accommodations are subject to availability. Air transportation may not be provided if the prize winner lives within one hundred (100) miles of Las Vegas, NV. Once determined, no change, extension, or substitution of trip dates is permitted. Once travel has been confirmed, any cancellation or change fees are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and his/her Guest, as applicable. The prize winner will be required to have and present at least one (1) major credit card in good standing in order to complete hotel check-in. The prize winner and his/her Guest must travel together on the same itinerary and in the same class of air travel. The prize winner and his/her Guest are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (valid photo I.D., credit card, passport, etc.) and other travel requirements. Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation at any point during the trip. In order to comply with the REAL ID Act (https://www.dhs.gov/real-id), adult travelers carrying driver’s licenses from a select number of states may be required to present a valid U.S. passport to travel on a domestic commercial flight in addition to international travel. Items not specifically mentioned as being included as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and his/her Guest including, but not limited to, ground transportation not specifically included, travel insurance, nursery charges, laundry service, spa treatments, local and long distance telephone calls, mobile phone roaming fees, internet or wireless services, tours, alcoholic beverages, meals, parking, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental expenses, airline baggage fees, tips and gratuities, government fees, taxes, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. If the prize winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be the allotted Guest. The vacation package may not be combined with any other offer, and travel may not qualify for frequent flier miles, award points or other perquisites. Lost or mutilated tickets will not be replaced. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades. If the Guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be the prize winner. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the trip may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Affidavit/Release (described below) and/or the prize winner’s prize travel documents. Trip must be booked at least fourteen (14) days in advance of travel dates, no extension will be given after this time period. If the prize is not redeemed, the prize is void. Trip is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer. The winner is solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included (e.g., any requested upgrades/options). Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute the prize (or prize component) with one (1) of equal value due to unavailability of advertised prize for any reason. Any depictions of the prize are for illustrative purposes only. The prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including but not limited to income taxes) on prize and will receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC (or other tax documents, if applicable) from the Sponsor for the calendar year the prize was taken for the total ARV of the prize(s) won as stated herein. The Sweepstakes Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of the prize. Prize and/or prize notifications will only be shipped to street addresses in the forty-eight (48) states of the contiguous U.S. or D.C.
- Disclaimers: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for, and will deem ineligible, Online or Bonus Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device) or by someone other than the entrant whose information is submitted to receive an Online Entry or Bonus Entry, or for Online Entries or Bonus Entries that are illegible, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, forged, incomplete, deleted, damaged, dropped, inaccessible, corrupted, jumbled or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges and agrees (a) to be bound by the Official Rules as well as the decisions of the Sweepstakes Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects, (b) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Official Rules, and (c) that Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes; including, but not limited to, typographical errors in Sweepstakes promotional material; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information or Wheel Watchers Club Registration Information; acceptance/possession, defects, and/or use/misuse of the prize awarded herein; including, but not limited to, cancellations, delays, policy changes or any change by the air carrier(s), lodging facilities, or other company or any other persons providing any of these services for the prize winner and his/her Guest during the trip due to reasons beyond control of Sponsor; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, any web page associated with the Sweepstakes (or Sponsor’s/Sweepstakes Administrator’s inability to access Sweepstakes content), or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; wireless network dead zones or obstructions; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer/mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes or from entering or downloading materials/software in connection with the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed/duplicate/multiple data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes due to their negligence or willful misconduct, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize (or prize element). Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to (1) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of a prize supplier (if applicable) or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- ARBITRATION; WAIVER OF INJUNCTIVE RELIEF; GOVERNING LAW: ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (I) THE SWEEPSTAKES, (II) THE AWARDING OR REDEMPTION OF THE PRIZE (EXCLUDING ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM RELATING TO THE FULFILLMENT OR USE OF THE PRIZE) AND/OR (III) THE DETERMINATION OF THE SCOPE OR APPLICABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THEIR ENFORCEMENT OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. BY SUBMITTING AN ONLINE ENTRY OR BONUS ENTRY, EACH ENTRANT (AND HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF THE ENTRANT IS A MINOR IN THE JURISDICTION HE/SHE RESIDES) AGREES THAT ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THEIR ENFORCEMENT, ARBITRABILITY OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, TO BE HELD IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK BEFORE A SINGLE ARBITRATOR. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE SELECTED BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES OR, IF THE PARTIES CANNOT AGREE, THEN BY SELECTING AN ARBITRATOR FROM A LIST OF ARBITRATORS SUPPLIED BY JAMS (JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES WITH THE AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES’ ADR SERVICES). IF THE PARTIES STILL CANNOT AGREE ON AN ARBITRATOR, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE APPOINTED BY THE ARBITRATION SERVICE. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE A CONFIDENTIAL PROCEEDING, CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL ISSUE A WRITTEN OPINION STATING THE ESSENTIAL FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS UPON WHICH THE ARBITRATOR’S AWARD IS BASED. THE PARTIES WILL SHARE EQUALLY IN PAYMENT OF THE ARBITRATOR’S FEES AND ARBITRATION EXPENSES AND ANY OTHER COSTS UNIQUE TO THE ARBITRATION HEARING (RECOGNIZING THAT EACH SIDE BEARS ITS OWN DEPOSITION, WITNESS, EXPERT AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND OTHER EXPENSES TO THE SAME EXTENT AS IF THE MATTER WERE BEING HEARD IN COURT). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY REQUIRE THAT SUCH FEES BE BORNE IN SUCH OTHER MANNER AS THE ARBITRATOR DETERMINES IS REQUIRED IN ORDER FOR THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE TO BE ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
ENTRANTS FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THEY SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY MOVIE, SHOW, PRODUCTION OR PROJECT OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
THE INTERNAL SUBSTANTIVE LAWS (AS DISTINGUISHED FROM THE CHOICE OF LAW RULES) OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA APPLICABLE TO CONTRACTS MADE AND PERFORMED ENTIRELY IN NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE VALIDITY AND INTERPRETATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL OTHER CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Rules/Winners List/Entry Information Changes: : For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (with proper postage affixed) to: 54th Academy of Country Music Awards Flyaway Sweepstakes “Rules” / “Winners List” (specify which), P.O. Box 6452, Burbank, CA 91510. All Official Rules and Winners List requests must be received by April 23, 2019. Official Rules will also be accessible from the Website during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners’ information may be posted online. To change your Entry information, legibly handprint your new Entry information on a standard sized postcard (no larger than 5” x 7”), enclose it in a postage-paid business size envelope (#10), and mail it (with proper postage affixed) to: 54th Academy of Country Music Awards Flyaway Sweepstakes “Entry Information Change”, P.O. Box 6452, Burbank, CA 91510. All Entry information change requests must be received by February 27, 2019.
- Sponsor: Sony Music Entertainment, 25 Madison Ave., New York, NY. 10010
- Sweepstakes Administrator: Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., P.O. Box 7398, Burbank, CA 91510.
©2019 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.