News & Events
"Wheel of Fortune's" GREENEST REMOTE EVER FACT SHEET
• Wheel of Fortune's iconic Wheel and puzzleboard, along with the show's other electronics, were trucked to Portland from Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California aboard tractor trailers powered by low-emission, biodiesel fuel.
• Wheel of Fortune's art department designed and built the eco-friendly set with all natural materials, water-based paint and reusable greenery. When the show wraps production in Portland, any reusable wood, carpet and soft goods will be donated to local schools and theater groups.
• The staff and crew are also doing their part by using TriMet, Portland's efficient and reliable transportation system, to get around the city.
• At staff and crew meals, all compostable organic food, which over time becomes nutrient-rich soil for gardening, will be separated to significantly reduce food waste. Biodegradable cups and aluminum water bottles will be used in place of plastic bottles.
• Wheel of Fortune and Sony worked with a local recycler, IMS Electronics Recycling, to give Portland residents a chance to recycle their old electronics safely and responsibly. Participants at the recycling event also had the chance to spin a wheel for prizes including a Wheel of Fortune VIP Experience and Sony gift cards.
• This year marks the fifth season that Wheel of Fortune has featured a "Going Green" theme week. In past seasons, Pat and Vanna have offered viewers tips for going green and have shared updates about what Sony Pictures is doing to keep the studio lot environmentally-friendly.
• Throughout the shows taped in Portland, Vanna White will wear eco-friendly "green" dresses designed by EcoSkin, EcoVibe Apparel and Jet Clothing.
• For all four weeks of shows taped in Portland, the grand prizes will be eco-friendly cars including the Chevrolet Volt, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Prius and Toyota Highlander Hybrid.
• Other prizes throughout the shows include gift packages of eco-friendly products from Seventh Generation, as well as trips from GreenEarthTravel.com, Aruba Nature Sensitive Tours and Earth River Expeditions.