Wheel of Fortune Sears Holiday Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY IN THE 50 STATES OF THE UNITED STATES ("U.S."), AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("D.C."), AND IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THOSE AREAS ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND A PERMANENT LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 STATES OF THE U.S. OR D.C. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND GOVERNED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE U.S.
- Eligibility: The Wheel of Fortune Sears Holiday Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to permanent legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. or D.C., who are physically located and residing therein, and who are 18 years of age or older as of December 14, 2009. Employees of Quadra Productions, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Sony Pictures Television Inc., Sony Pictures Digital Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., CBS Television Distribution, the show Wheel of Fortune ("Show"), Sears Holdings Corporation, Sweepstakes administrator, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation. handling, or prize coordination of the Sweepstakes, participating stations, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent, subsidiary, and related companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities"), members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Description: This Sweepstakes begins at 3:00:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on December 14, 2009 and ends at 2:59:59 p.m. PT on December 19, 2009 ("Sweepstakes Period") and consists of five (5) individual separate, independent daily sweepstakes and one (1) overall sweepstakes described in Section 4 below. Each daily sweepstakes begins at 3:00:00 p.m. PT on a given day of the Sweepstakes Period and ends at 2:59:59 p.m. PT the following calendar day; for example, the December 14 daily sweepstakes begins at 3:00:00 p.m. PT on December 14, 2009 and ends at 2:59:59 p.m. PT on December 15, 2009. Each daily sweepstakes corresponds to an episode of the Show airing between Monday, December 14, 2009 and Friday, December 18, 2009. The overall sweepstakes pertains to the daily sweepstakes prize winners only, as described in Section 5 below; persons who enter a daily sweepstakes will not be entered in the overall sweepstakes unless they were declared a daily sweepstakes prize winner. As part of the entry process for each daily sweepstakes, prospective Sweepstakes entrants must watch the corresponding episode of the Show airing between December 14, 2009 and December 18, 2009, for the solution to that episode's Bonus Round Puzzle ("Bonus Round Puzzle Solution"). Then, prospective Sweepstakes entrants are asked to go to the Wheel of Fortune web site located at wheeloffortune.com (the "Web Site") and correctly input/submit the Bonus Round Puzzle Solution from the corresponding episode of the Show stated in order to be entered into that particular daily sweepstakes. The Bonus Round Puzzle is the puzzle played by the Show contestant who has the highest cash/prize total at the end of the main portion of the game. Check local listings for Show schedule, which may be changed or preempted without notice. In these cases, at the election of the Show, the Sweepstakes may be played outside the usual dates and times, or not at all.
- How to Enter: To enter, access the Web Site during the Sweepstakes Period and click on the Sweepstakes icon or text link to access the Sweepstakes entry page. Then, complete and thereafter submit your Email Address, Date of Birth, First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number (including area code), Gender, and the Bonus Round Puzzle Solution from the corresponding episode of the Show (collectively, "Entry"). All Entry information must be completed in full. Entrants will receive one (1) entry into the current daily sweepstakes if they provide the correct Bonus Round Puzzle Solution from the episode of the Show corresponding to that daily sweepstakes. Bonus Round Puzzle Solution must be correct for that designated episode of the Show to be eligible for the corresponding daily sweepstakes. In order to be eligible for a particular daily sweepstakes, Entries must be received during the entry period for that daily sweepstakes (that is, between 3:00:00 p.m. PT on a given day and 2:59:59 p.m. PT the immediately following day). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for purposes of Sweepstakes participation. If an entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address per daily sweepstakes. Entries submitted from the same person in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Proof of delivery or receipt of an Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void.How to Enter: To enter, access the Web Site during the Sweepstakes Period and click on the Sweepstakes icon or text link to access the Sweepstakes entry page. Then, complete and thereafter submit your Email Address, Date of Birth, First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number (including area code), Gender, and the Bonus Round Puzzle Solution from the corresponding episode of the Show (collectively, "Entry"). All Entry information must be completed in full. Entrants will receive one (1) entry into the current daily sweepstakes if they provide the correct Bonus Round Puzzle Solution from the episode of the Show corresponding to that daily sweepstakes. Bonus Round Puzzle Solution must be correct for that designated episode of the Show to be eligible for the corresponding daily sweepstakes. In order to be eligible for a particular daily sweepstakes, Entries must be received during the entry period for that daily sweepstakes (that is, between 3:00:00 p.m. PT on a given day and 2:59:59 p.m. PT the immediately following day). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for purposes of Sweepstakes participation. If an entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address per daily sweepstakes. Entries submitted from the same person in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Proof of delivery or receipt of an Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void.
- Drawing and Notification of Potential Winners: For each daily sweepstakes, two hundred (200) potential winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received for that particular daily sweepstakes in a drawing. Non-winning Entries will NOT be retained for the subsequent daily sweepstakes drawings. Overall Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all verified daily sweepstakes prize winners in a drawing. All drawings will be conducted by the Sweepstakes administrator, an independent judging organization, at its offices in Burbank, California USA. All daily sweepstakes drawings will be held on or about January 4, 2010. Overall Prize drawing will be held after all daily sweepstakes prize winners have been verified and declared official. Each potential winner will be notified by email (at the Email provided on his/her entry form) within two (2) weeks of being selected in the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted (within three (3) business days from date of notification email), if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner for such prize may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion.
- Prizes/Odds of Winning. One Thousand (1,000) Daily Sweepstakes Prizes (two hundred (200) daily sweepstakes prizes for each of the five (5) daily sweepstakes) of a $100 Sears Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each daily sweepstakes prize is: $100. Odds of winning a daily sweepstakes prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received for that daily sweepstakes. Gift Cards can be used online at Sears.com or in-store. Gift Cards are subject to stated terms and conditions. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions which will be provided with the prizes. Gift Card prizes and/or prize notifications will be emailed to winners at the email address provided on their entry form. One (1) Overall Prize: One (1) Wheel of Fortune Beach bag (ARV: $20); One (1) Wheel of Fortune Keychain Flashlight (ARV: $6.95); One (1) Wheel of Fortune Mug (ARV: $7.99); One (1) Wheel of Fortune hat (ARV: $10.99); One (1) pack of Wheel of Fortune Playing cards (ARV: $4.99); One (1) Wheel of Fortune T-shirt (ARV: $14.99); One (1) Wheel of Fortune Lunchbox (ARV: $12.95); One (1) Wheel of Fortune Towel (ARV: $20); One (1) Wheel of Fortune Sweatshirt (ARV: $35.99); and One (1) Wheel of Fortune Watch (ARV: $95.00). ARV of the Overall Prize: $229.85. Odds of a daily sweepstakes prize winner winning the Overall Prize is 1:1000. Overall Prize will only be awarded to one of the daily sweepstakes prize winners. Overall Prize will be shipped to street addresses in U.S. and D.C. only. Total ARV of all prizes: $100,229.85. Any applicable federal, state, and local taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. All winners are solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included (e.g., sales tax and shipping and handling fees for purchases made with Gift Cards). No substitution, transfer, or redemption of any prize for cash, except that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize of equal value due to unavailability of advertised prize for any reason. Any depictions of prizes in promotional material are for illustrative purposes only. Limit one (1) daily sweepstakes prize per person/household for the entire Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize. Overall Prize will be shipped to a street address in U.S. or D.C. only.
- Disclaimers: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for, and will deem ineligible, Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device) or by someone other than the entrant whose information is submitted to receive an Entry, or for Entries that are illegible, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees and acknowledges to be bound by the Rules and Laws; as well as the decisions of the Sweepstakes administrator, which are final and binding in all respects; to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Rules and Laws, and that Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes (including, but not limited to, the preemption, cancellation, interruption of Show or any elements of Show as it relates to the Sweepstakes); human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information; acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any prize awarded herein; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, any web page associated with the Sweepstakes, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant's (or any third person's) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed/duplicate/multiple data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes due to their negligence or willful misconduct, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
ARBITRATION; WAIVER OF INJUNCTIVE RELIEF; GOVERNING LAW: ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (i) THE SWEEPSTAKES, (ii) THE AWARDING OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZES AND/OR (iii) THE DETERMINATION OF THE SCOPE OR APPLICABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THEIR ENFORCEMENT ON INTERPRETATION SHALL BE GOVERENED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, EACH ENTRANT (AND HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF THE ENTRANT IS A MINOR IN THE JURISDICTION HE/SHE RESIDES) AGREES THAT ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICAL RULES, THEIR ENFORCEMENT, ARBITRABILITY OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, TO BE HELD IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA BEFORE A SINGLE ARBITRATOR, IN ACCORDANCE WITH CALIFORNIA CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE §§ 1280 ET SEQ. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE SELECTED BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES OR, IF THE PARTIES CANNOT AGREE, THEN BY SELECTING AN ARBITRATOR FROM A LIST OF ARBITRATORS SUPPLIED BY JAMS (JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES WITH THE AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES' ADR SERVICES). IF THE PARTIES STILL CANNOT AGREE ON AN ARBITRATOR, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE APPOINTED BY THE ARBITRATION SERVICE. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE A CONFIDENTIAL PROCEEDING, CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL ISSUE A WRITTEN OPINION STATING THE ESSENTIAL FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS UPON WHICH THE ARBITRATOR'S AWARD IS BASED. THE PARTIES WILL SHARE EQUALLY IN PAYMENT OF THE ARBITRATOR'S FEES AND ARBITRATION EXPENSES AND ANY OTHER COSTS UNIQUE TO THE ARBITRATION HEARING (RECOGNIZING THAT EACH SIDE BEARS ITS OWN DEPOSITION, WITNESS, EXPERT AND ATTORNEYS' FEES AND OTHER EXPENSES TO THE SAME EXTENT AS IF THE MATTER WERE BEING HEARD IN COURT). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY REQUIRE THAT SUCH FEES BE BORNE IN SUCH OTHER MANNER AS THE ARBITRATOR DETERMINES IS REQUIRED IN ORDER FOR THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE TO BE ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
ENTRANTS FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THEY SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY MOVIE, SHOW, PRODUCTION OR PROJECT OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION ARE CURRENTLY UNENFORCEABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW BUT MUTUALLY INTEND FOR THIS SECTION TO APPLY IN THE EVENT SUCH PROVISIONS LATER BECOME ENFORCEABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW.
THE INTERNAL SUBSTANTIVE LAWS (AS DISTINGUISHED FROM THE CHOICE OF LAW RULES) OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA APPLICABLE TO CONTRACTS MADE AND PERFORMED ENTIRELY IN CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE VALIDITY AND INTERPRETATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL OTHER CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Rules/Winners List: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (with proper postage affixed) to: Wheel of Fortune Sears Holiday Sweepstakes "Rules"/"Winners List" (specify which), P.O. Box 11353, Burbank, CA 91510. All requests must be received by February 19, 2010. Official Rules will also be accessible from the Web Site during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners' information may be posted online.
- Sponsor: Quadra Productions, Inc., 10202 West Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232.
©2009 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All Rights Reserved.